Animator vs. Animation IV Animator vs. Animation IV

Good lord man, you are brilliant. I was laughing out loud and you had me captivated 100% of the time. The progress you've mate too and you understanding of motion, story telling and mixing media is just astounding, really impressive! Keep up being awesome!!

#1209 #1209

This is great! Considering this is your first ever flash animation, you should be very proud! You got in a lot of things people don't often have in their early animations, things like facial expressions, a continuous walk cycle, and a little story that plays out. Great work, keep it up! I also like the art style you used ;)

Fwiller responds:

Oh man... it's so strange seeing this review. I say this because almost all of my knowledge I have about Adobe Flash came directly from your youtube channel. Thanks for the feedback, Jazza. :)

Too Scared To Poop! Too Scared To Poop!

Wow guys that was fantastic :D Such great polish, awesome voices and characters and the backgrounds were neat. Made me laugh. Good luck!

Too Scared to Animate Too Scared to Animate

You got a genuine lol out of me! But it's hard for me to be not biased in this...

Soupcat responds:

You came in too fast too hard man. I threw my tablet out the window and started a new life in cuba

Jump the gap Jump the gap

haha I liked it man, funny in the ways you were going for, and for a 48 hour jam with one artist you did great! Only constructive critizism would be on improving the art a little but hey, 48 hours can be a bitch ;) Nice work

CyanSandwich responds:

Thanks man!

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I don't have too much to say about this other then It was brilliant. Thoughtful, skillfully made, emotional, and it left me with questions and a sense of understanding all at once. Great work, truly a piece of art. A perfect score in my eyes and a new favorite author/submission. Thank you.

Bounty + Hunter Bounty + Hunter

Brilliant! I'd give a full score for it's overall impressiveness but there are some point that could be improved that I'll mention to keep the review grounded :)

I'll begin by saying the overall piece was very well done. How many people worked on it? what were your tasks specifically? the scope and feel of the animation was very well pulled of, cinematography felt fluid and smooth, and the whole thing was enjoyable and entertaining.

If there are a few small points that could be improved, I think adding a more gritty feel to your textures and a more contrasting approach to lighting would bring the whole thing out a lot more, it felt slightly flatter in some places like the train station. Bringing out the ambient occlusion to let the light and shadow bounce off of the objects themselves instead of seemingly relying on just the environment lighting. Your use of bump/specular mapping was good but it felt a little too 'shiny' in some places, perhaps lowering the specular refractions and working more on the way the light falls into shadow instead of highlights. The train station is the best example of the application of what I'm talking about.

These are just some things I think could bring it out, but those aside the whole thing was great, It, and you, are now on my favorites as I very much look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!

LenZ responds:

Thx for the pointers, I'll totally get better next time ^^ It's just me doing everything but the music lol

Starbarians - Episode 1 Starbarians - Episode 1

You make me sick. With awesome. Can't give that less than 5/5 all round, brilliant animation and characterization, voices, backgrounds were astounding, just... everything. You're a brilliant example of what hard work, creativity and an awesomely immature sense of humor can do.

VO Home Studio : Space VO Home Studio : Space

I can't express how much i love this, not only do you address an issue many novice artists don't understand or even know about, but you do it simply, beautifully, and entertainingly. Youre a great teacher weather it be showing how to establish sound quality in a recording, or speaka-da-chinee. Love ya!

RicePirate responds:

Thanks, man. Can't wait for you to teach me about barbaquing shrimp at Pico day. That and how to have cute lil dimples ... instead of fat rolling buddha cheeks.

Short and Sweet Short and Sweet

friendzoned! that was really well animated and had a laugh out loud cute little ending, awesome stuff guys! i love the way you tell stories!